Pages

Friday 25 March 2011

New/Experiments

I have realised that recently I have been making things for other people and thought that I was uncertain about what my work is about and this made me question myself, my work, my method. I made a video in the woods of myself walking naked, holding a lantern and wearing a mask covered in bird seed. This received a somewhat mixed response. Following that I confirmed to myself that my intention is to make work that has the notion of the artist/housewife going or gone mad, this caused me to pose as a life drawing model in the life drawing room (clothes on) and to dance in the room. These actions as spontaneous as they were actually caused great relief along with notification that I do know what I am doing (sometimes) and not to feel cornered by what others may be concerned with...









No comments:

Post a Comment